Ventoy is available as a free download from our software library. This is a lightweight tool that allows you to quickly create bootable USB drives from ISO files. The benefit of reinstalling the operating system via a bootable USB is that you don't have to waste time formatting the drive.
Instead, you simply plug the USB into a dedicated port and restart your computer. While there are many tools to create a bootable USB drive, most of them rely on the OS kernel, which needs access to the hardware storage for the source. The idea of the program is different and lies in the fact that the information is stored in RAM before loading.
Thus, the OS can determine that data is being loaded from a virtual disk, find the source media needed for the operation, and continue loading without creating a standard hook, as with a classic boot. It's worth noting that this tool allows you to add as many ISO files as you want, in which case you'll be greeted by a menu after downloading.
The program supports ISO files larger than 4 GB, as well as native UEFI and Legacy BIOS, and works with dozens of operating systems, as the developer claims over 160 files have been tested.
Ventoy Features - Bootable USB Drive Creator
- Easy to use
- Fast (limited only by iso file copying speed)
- Download directly from iso file, no extraction required
- Legacy + UEFI supported in the same way
- UEFI secure boot is supported (starting from version 1.0.07+) Notes
- ISO files larger than 4 GB are supported.
- Custom boot menu style for Legacy and UEFI
- Most OS types supported, over 200 iso files tested
- Not only a download, but also a complete installation process
- Compatibility concept with Ventoy
- Plugin Platform
- Read-only to USB drive during boot
- Normal USB usage is not affected
- Non-destructive data when updating a version
- No need to update Ventoy when a new distribution is released
Developer: Home Page
– Release History
Ventoy 1.0.94 + LiveCD Download (Bootable USB Maker)
Ventoy 1.0.94 | File Size: 15 MB
Ventoy 1.0.94 LiveCD ISO | File Size: 180 MB